Posts Tagged ‘LiLo’

Celebrity gossip

Lindsay Lohan to pose nude for Playboy magazine

By Andrea Petrou on October 25th, 2011

Lindsay Lohan is to pose naked for Playboy magazine.

The troubled actress – who was last week told she had to clean morgues for 16 hours a week as part of a court order until a probation hearing on November 2 – will reportedly earn almost $1 million for baring all in the adult magazine.

According to TMZ.com, the 25-year-old star originally turned down a $750,000 offer from Playboy boss Hugh Hefner to pose nude, demanding that the figure should be closer to $1 million.

It is believed the shoot started over the weekend, with Lindsay – who could face up to 18 months in prison if she is found guilty of violating the terms of her probation for a 2007 DUI (driving under the influence) conviction – having to fit it in around her court-ordered morgue duties.

However, this isn’t the first time the star has posed naked.

In 2008, the ‘Mean Girls’ actress stripped off to recreate the infamous ‘Last Sitting’ shots of Marilyn Monroe, taken by photographer Bert Stern just six weeks before she died of a drugs overdose, with Lindsay admitting at the time she was “comfortable” with nudity.

She said: “I didn’t have to put much thought into it. Working with Bert Stern on a Marilyn Monroe shoot was really an honour. When is that ever going to come up again?

“I wanted to portray the look and get it point-on as much as I could, to bring it back to life. I was comfortable with it, the nudity and everything.”



Celebrity gossip

Lindsay Lohan is being sued over an unpaid bill

By Andrea Petrou on July 27th, 2011

Lindsay Lohan is being sued over an unpaid bill.

The troubled actress is the subject of a small claims court lawsuit from Stephen Clark, who claims he sold and installed audio and video equipment, including remote programming, in her Californian home last month but alleges the ‘Machete’ star failed to pay her bill.

Stephen – who is also suing for missed work – is seeking $1,180 from the actress, reports gossip website TMZ.

The case is the latest in a string of problems for Lindsay, who had the equipment installed while she was under house arrest.

The ‘Mean Girls’ actress was freed on 29th June after serving 35 days of house arrest for the theft of a necklace from an upmarket boutique and for violating the terms of probation set for her 2007 conviction for driving under the influence (DUI).

Last week, Lindsay – who has also started 480 hours of community service at the Los Angeles Downtown Women’s centre as part of her sentence – appeared in court for a progress hearing, where she was ordered to find an individual therapist.

However, during the hearing, the 25-year-old actress’ lawyer insisted she hadn’t been able to have the mandatory psychological treatment due to “financial issues”.



Celebrity Style, News

Lindsay Lohan visits women’s centre

By Andrea Petrou on May 3rd, 2011

Lindsay Lohan has visited the Los Angeles Downtown Women’s Centre where she will begin her court-ordered community service next week.

The ‘Mean Girls’ actress – who was sentenced to 120 days in prison, which she was bailed from, and 480 hours of community service last month for breaching the terms of her probation after allegedly stealing a $2,200 necklace from an upmarket jewellers – must complete 360 hours of work at the shelter, which looks after homeless women.

Although Lindsay – who was spotted at the facility yesterday (02.05.11) with her assistant Eleanor and lawyer Shawn Chapman Holley – would not confirm her exact commencement date, she denied reports she will start this week, telling Gossip Cop: “I’m not even set to start until next week.”

Centre spokesman Patrick Shandrick said he hopes Lindsay will be “inspired by her experience”.

He told X17 Online: “Miss Lohan’s work at the centre could include working with the ladies on creating unique items for MADE by DWC – an innovative social enterprise cafe and gift boutique offering handmade products that will open on Friday, April 29. MADE by DWC was created to help break the cycle of poverty and chronic unemployment by helping low-income and homeless women discover their talents and develop their skills through job readiness training and product development opportunities.

DWC is a life changing experience for all that walk through our door. We are a community that fosters dignity and respect. DWC hopes that Miss Lohan is inspired by her experience here.”

As well as 360 hours at the homeless shelter, the 24-year-old star has also been ordered to undergo 120 hours of janitorial work at the Los Angeles County Morgue.

Lindsay – who was under probation for a driving under the influence (DUI) charge in 2007 – is due to return to court on May 11 for a pre-trial hearing in her theft case, after the charge was reduced from felony grand theft to a misdemeanour, with the actual trial planned for June 3.



Gossip

Lindsay Lohan’s lawyer is confident she will be acquitted of felony grand theft

By Andrea Petrou on March 24th, 2011

Lindsay Lohan’s lawyer is confident she will be acquitted of felony grand theft.

The ‘Mean Girls’ actress – who is accused of stealing a $2,500 necklace from an upmarket Californian boutique – rejected a plea deal in the case yesterday (23.03.11) in exchange for a reduced sentence and now must face trial but her attorney Shawn Chapman Holley is sure her innocence will be proved.

She said: “Ms. Lohan has maintained her innocence from the moment this case was filed and she has never wavered. Though many advised her to follow the safe route by taking ‘the deal’, the truth is, Ms. Lohan is innocent; she has a strong defence; and we are confident that a jury will listen to the evidence fairly and acquit her.”

Lindsay – who is currently on probation stemming from a 2007 driving under the influence (DUI) conviction – will next appear in court for a preliminary hearing on April 22, with Judge Stephanie Sautner, who is described as “tough but fair”, presiding over proceedings.

Earlier this week, Lindsay’s mother Dina Lohan said her daughter – who has always maintained she was loaned the necklace in exchange for publicity – was seriously considering pleading no-contest and accepting the deal as she wanted to “get it over with”.

Explaining why the actress was considering pleading no-contest, Dina said: “Obviously she’s not pleading guilty.

“My children don’t steal things. But the system is so strange out in Los Angeles. We’re considering a couple of options and just want to get this over with in the shortest amount of time.”




©2010 Shiny Digital Privacy Policy